Record your voice

6 nov. 2014

Job interviews



This is the recording from the book -English Unlimited- page 22. You'll find the scrips on page 159.



Let's get ready for an interview. Read or listen some job interviews:


Here you are another one from the Semipresencial site:

Juan Vargas wants to get a job so he goes to an interview for a hotel post.

Interviewer: Hello, Mr. Vargas. My name is Sam Pattison. I’m the personnel director.
Applicant: I’m pleased to meet you.
Interviewer: Please have a seat.
Applicant: Thank you.
Interviewer: According to your resume you have qualifications for the post.  Tell me about them.
Applicant: I can type 100 words per minute. I’m proficient in many computer programmes. I have
excellent interpersonal skills, I am well organized, and I’m a very fast learner. I can speak Spanish,
English and a little bit of Italian.
Interviewer: I see that you have excellent references.  Can you tell me about your hobbies?
Applicant: Well, I like reading and going to the cinema.  I usually go to the beach with my friends and sometimes I go scuba-diving.  I never practice extreme sports.
Interviewer: Do you have any questions about the position?
Applicant: Yes. What are the responsibilities in this position?
Interviewer: We’re looking for someone to work as a receptionist and public relations.
Applicant: When is the position available, Mr. Pattison?
Interviewer: We hope the successful applicant can start at the beginning of next week.  We finish
our interviews tomorrow and  make a decision by the weekend. 
Applicant: Thank you very much. It’s a pleasure meeting you. I hope to hear from you soon.
Interviewer: Thank you for coming in to see us, Mr. Vargas.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire